Tenant Fee Schedule
When you have found a property you want to rent, Finch & Co will provide you with a Tenancy Fee Declaration. This explains the application process as well as shows you any permitted payments which are due before you sign your Tenancy Agreement and any which may become payable during and after the tenancy. This will also include confirmation of the agreed rent and the deposit.
Below is a list of our current permitted payments. Please ask a member of staff for a full breakdown of permitted payments that may be payable before, during and after a tenancy for any property that you are interested in.
The amount of the deposit is subject to the following caps:
- No more than 5 weeks rent where the annual rent for the tenancy immediately after its grant, renewal or continuance is less than £50,000.
- No more than 6 weeks rent where the annual rent for the tenancy immediately after its grant, renewal or continuance is £50,000 or more.
Refundable holding deposits
- Total of 1 weeks rent chargeable per property only (or per room in a room rental agreement).
- Held for 14 days whilst referencing takes place.
Permitted tenant payments for assured shorthold tenancies
- Variation/ Novation: £50 inclusive of VAT
- Change of Occupier/Sharer Group: £50 inclusive of VAT
- Loss of keys: Cost of replacement
The tenant shall pay to the landlord/agent interest at the rate of 3% per annum above the bank of England base rate from time to time on any rent or other money payable under this agreement remaining unpaid for more than 14 days after the day on which it became due.
Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
Click here to see a copy of our Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.