About Finch & Company
Finch and Company joined forces with Goodfellows Estate Agents and this strengthened the brand as well as extended the branch network. The partnership has proved successful and the sister companies work together to provide both sales and lettings services in the area.
Merton Park / Wimbledon is one of London's original garden suburbs developed in the late 1800's by John Innes and his brother James. Early properties were built on roads surrounding the ancient Church of St. Mary the Virgin whose most notable attendee was Admiral Horatio Nelson whose pew survives in the church to this day.
Today, Merton Park/ Wimbledon has an eclectic mix of traditional housing stock with larger gardens, many with garaging, set out on avenue style roads. The Conservation Area sees some great architecturally designed homes of the era with those designed by Henry Quartermain and John Brocklesby being highly regarded. The Old Merton Park area with its predominantly Edwardian properties, many retaining great character features, has a wonderful community spirit. The area is a retreat from hectic town locations whilst still having varied transport facilities for central London commuting. These include Northern Line underground stations (covering both sides of Merton Park), Mainline and District Line stations at Wimbledon, Network Rail Stations (providing connection to Wimbledon, Sutton and beyond), Tramlink services (into Wimbledon or to Croydon and surrounding areas) and numerous bus routes serving a wide area. For those travelling by car, the A3 and A217 give easy connection to the M25.
First class service, but don't take our word for it!